3CX for Windows App
Installing the 3CX App for Windows
- Download the latest version of the 3CX App for Windows.
- Open the setup wizard, accept the terms in the Licence Agreement and proceed to “Install” with the default options.
- When the app is installed, configure it automatically by opening the configuration file attached to your Welcome Email.
- When you see the top right “On Hook” message, you can start making calls.
💡 Note: The Welcome Email is sent to you when your extension is created and can be resent via the 3CX Web Client or by your system administrator.
Getting Started With the 3CX App for Windows
The 3CX app can be used in either “Softphone Mode” or “CTI Mode” – if you have a deskphone:
- Softphone Mode – make and receive calls on your computer without using a deskphone.
- CTI Mode – a supported deskphone is required for the app to manage your calls from the desktop.
The App At A Glance
The 3CX app’s functions enable you to efficiently manage calls, contacts, conferencing and more:
- “Key Functions” – easily access the 3CX app’s key functions and manage your contacts and calls.
- “Side Menu” – open the app’s side menu to access views, useful options and info.
- “Views” – choose an app view to efficiently manage your calls.
- “Settings” – customize and configure the 3CX App options.
Managing your Communication
The 3CX App enables you to communicate effectively with:
- “Status” – see your colleagues’ status and click on the name to call.
- “Voicemail” – access your voicemail and use the Web Client to customize Voicemail options.
- “Chat” – exchange messages with colleagues.
- “WebMeeting” – start WebMeeting to talk face-to-face with colleagues and contacts.
- “Conference” – create a new conference and invite participants.
To transfer an active call click “Transfer” or “Att.Transfer”, enter the extension number or search by name and click on “Transfer”. When using “Att.Transfer”, click “Call” to announce the call before clicking “Transfer” to complete the call divert.
Status & Forwarding Rules
To set your status and automatically configure call forwarding, click on your status below your profile and select:
- “Available” – ready to receive calls.
- “Away” – temporarily unavailable, divert to voicemail.
- “Do Not Disturb” – divert to voicemail.
- “Lunch” – set a custom status.
- “Business Trip” – set a second custom status.
Customize your forwarding rules and exceptions via the 3CX Web Client.
Personalize your 3CX app by clicking on “Settings” to set your audio and video options, forwarding rules or the app’s theme, amongst others:
- “Call Forwarding” – configure your forwarding rules and exceptions.
- “Configure Accounts” – set the default account, edit, activate and switch between accounts.
- “Audio Options” & “Video Options” – configure advanced audio and video device settings.
- “Hot Keys” – configure pre-defined keyboard shortcuts to control your 3CX app, e.g. press Alt + A to answer a call.
- “Advanced Settings” – set the 3CX app’s “Behavior”, “Language”, “Auto Answer” and “Integration” options.
- “Themes” – set the app theme to “Black”, “White”, “3CX Grey” or “Default”, and a custom app header image.