3CX for Mac App
Installing the 3CX App for Mac
Το install and configure the 3CX App for Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
- Download the latest version of the 3CX App for Mac.
- Open the DMG file and drag “3CXPhone16.app” from the open window to your applications folder to install it.
- When the app is installed, configure it automatically by opening the configuration file attached to your Welcome Email.
- When you see the top right “On Hook” message, you can start making calls.
💡 Note: The Welcome Email is sent to you when your extension is created and can be resent via the 3CX Web Client or by your system administrator.
The App At A Glance
The 3CX app’s functions enable you to efficiently manage calls, contacts, conferencing and more:
- “Key Functions” – easily access the 3CX App’s key functions and manage your contacts and calls.
- “Side Menu” – open the app’s side menu to access useful options and info.
- “Useful Options” – listen to call recordings, set audio options and forwarding rules or change the app’s theme.
- “Settings” – customize and configure the 3CX App options.
Managing your App
The 3CX app enables you to communicate effectively with:
- “Status” – browse and click on the name of a colleague to call.
- “Voicemail” – access your voicemail and use the Web Client to customize Voicemail options.
- “Chat” – exchange messages with colleagues.
- “WebMeeting” – start WebΜeeting to talk face-to-face with colleagues and contacts.
- “Conference” – create a new conference and invite participants.
To transfer an active call click “Transfer” or “Att.Transfer”, enter the extension number or search by name and click on “Transfer”. When using “Att.Transfer”, click “Call” to announce the call before clicking “Transfer” to complete the call divert.
Status & Forwarding Rules
To set your status and automatically configure call forwarding, click on your status below your profile and select:
- “Available” – ready to receive calls.
- “Away” – temporarily unavailable, divert to voicemail.
- “Do Not Disturb” – divert to voicemail.
- “Lunch” – set a custom status.
- “Business Trip” – set a second custom status.
Customize your forwarding rules and exceptions via the 3CX Web Client.
Personalize your 3CX app by clicking on “Settings” to set the app’s default behavior, audio options, forwarding rules or the app’s theme, amongst others:
- “Behavior” – customize the app’s behavior and the default “Cmd + 3” Quick-Paste Shortcut, set your “Profile Status” options and configure your forwarding rules.
- “Audio Options” – configure advanced audio device settings.
- “Advanced” – set “Network” and “External Application” options.
- “Preferences” – set “Language”, the app theme and a custom app header image.