3CX for iOS App
Installing the 3CX App for iOS
To install and configure the 3CX App for iOS 10+, iPhone 5S+, iPod touch (generation 6), iPad (generation 4+), iPad Pro (generation 1+), iPad Mini 2+:
- Open the App Store, search for “3CX” (not available in the China App Store) and tap “Install”.
- When the app is installed, open it, “Agree” with the License Agreement and authorize its permissions.
- Automatically configure the app by opening your Welcome Email and scanning the included QR code.
- When you see the “On Hook” message on the dial screen, you can start making calls.
Accessing the Sidebar Menu
Swipe from left to right to open the sidebar menu to easily access the 3CX App’s key functions and manage your contacts and calls:
- “Status” – tap to set your status.
- “Voicemail” – access your voicemail and use the Web Client to customize Voicemail options.
- “Conference” – create a new conference and invite participants.
- “Settings” – customize and configure the 3CX App options.
- “Scan QR Code” – scan the QR code with your device camera to auto-configure the app.
The 3CX iOS App enables you to communicate effectively with:
- “Status” – browse and tap on the name of a colleague to call.
- “Contacts” – select a contact to view info and tap on the phone number to call.
- “Keypad” – directly dial numbers to “Call”.
- “Recents” – review call activity and tap entries on the list to call.
- “Messages” – message and exchange documents with colleagues and web visitors. Swipe left on a chat message to:
- “Delete” – remove chat.
- “Archive” / “Unarchive” – move a chat to and from “Archived Chats”.
- Access the “More” menu – tap and select to “Take” ownership, “Transfer”, “Delete” or “End” a chat session with a web visitor. More info on managing your chats in the Web Client Chat guide.
To transfer an active call tap “Transfer” or “Att.Transfer”, enter the extension number or search by name and tap on “Transfer”. When using “Att.Transfer”, you can announce the call before tapping “Transfer” to complete the call divert.
Status & Forwarding Rules
To set your status and automatically configure call forwarding, tap on your profile image on the sidebar menu to select:
- “Available” – ready to receive calls.
- “Away” – temporarily unavailable, divert to voicemail.
- “Do Not Disturb” – divert to voicemail.
- “Lunch” – set a custom status.
- “Business Trip” – set a second custom status.
Customize your forwarding rules and exceptions via the 3CX Web Client.
Personalize your 3CX App by tapping on “Settings” to set your account, audio and theme options:
- “Accounts” – select the default account, edit, activate and switch between accounts.
💡 Tip: Edit your account by tapping on your profile name on the upper left of the “Keypad” screen.
- “Audio Options” – configure advanced audio and device settings.
- “Application Theme” – choose between the “Black”, “Grey” or “White” theme.